Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The future is called "perhaps"

The future is called "perhaps", which is the only possible thing to call the future. And the only important thing is not to allow that to scare you. -Tennessee Williams, Orpheus Descending, 1957


Nothing could describe my feelings on life at the moment more then this quote. I am more ready for the unknown, perhaps, and uncertainties than ever before. For anyone who knows me, my comfort zone is very limited and I very much enjoy living life inside my bubble. I'm not a risk taker. I live life on the calm side. And I live for the known. Anything that may even remotely be out of my element I tend to pull away from. I don't buy trendy clothing, stray from my regular menu items, or "go out on a whim". I'm cautious with my money, health, and relationships.

I'm not sure when I became so cautious. In college I was a wild child, risk-taker, go for the world kinda gal. I lived for the world, day to day, and for myself. I had no care in the world and cared for no one but myself. I partied all night, slept all day, and somehow managed to graduate college within a timely manner. I made friends, lost friends, broke hearts, and even managed to have my heart broken. I spent money, made money, and lived life like there was no tomorrow.

I have lived such a dull boring life for the past few years and I am ready for a change. With Hubs by my side and 2 dogs to tag along I am going to embrace the change. Bring on a new job, new town, new house, new life! I want it all. I will not be scared by what I do not know. I will take on every opportunity that is handed to me and I will live for myself. I want to live for the unknown, tackle every perhaps, and live for every moment.

And I will not allow myself to be scared.

XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment