Monday, July 12, 2010

To See or Not to See

You don't realize how vulnerable you are when you are a glasses or contact wearer until you are put in a position where you are made to go blind, like at the Eye Doctor. I sat in the Eye Doctors today for 45 minuets with no contacts in and my glasses no where in sight, literally. If you know anything about vision you'll know that when I tell you my precription is -6.5 in BOTH eyes, you'll know I'm really blind.

The summer before I went into the 6th grade my parents made me get glasses, but I guess when you start running into things, sitting a foot from the TV, and holding books an inch from your face you're parents would make you get glasses too. Through my whole Middle School years, I was embarrassed and picked on for my glasses. I wanted to be just like my Mommy so I bought round, gold frames and has super think lenses. Needless to say I was the least stylish glasses wearer you could find. At this moment I'm very glad that I don't have a picture to show. I promise you'd be embarrassed for me.

At age 24, almost 10 years later, I am finally comfortable enough to buy and wear glasses again. So I started on a great search for the perfect frames. I wanted something timeless and classic. A set of glasses I could feel comfortable in wearing. I knew I wanted thicker, plastic frames in a neutral black or brown.

I first found these Anne Kline frames. But they were too big for my face.



I then looked at these Ralph Lauren's which I loved!! But at my Eye Doctor's today they only had them in a Pearl and for this brunette that was not ok.



Then of course, there were the Burberry ones but again I felt like they were too big for my face.



Then I was shown these perfect Oakley's. I would have never thought that Oakley would have been a glasses brand for this sweet Southern Belle just because when I think Oakley, I think sporty. And sporty I am not. I think of Hubs and his Oakley's that we wears when he coaches or plays sports. But I fell in love. They are comfortable, lightweight and classic.



So what do you think of my new glasses. Southern enough? And please excuse the I just showered look I have going on.



XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment