Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Decorations

Well, I will admit I haven't been much for the Christmas decorating this year. With going out of the country for Thanksgiving, football play-offs, and Holiday festivities we just haven't spent much time at the house and decorating for Christmas just hasn't been very high on the list of priorities. This year we even said to heck with the tree. It's been a little sad but also very worry free at the same time. But no worries, I'm not a total hum-bug. Hubs and I bought a small Christmas tree that we can plant in the spring, hung our stockings on the cabinet with care, pulled out ALL of the Holiday scents from Bath and Body Works in candles (big and small) and in 6 different Wall Flowers, and out Christmas cards are all laid out. So our home if filled with lots of Holiday Cheer just in a little more non-traditional way.

However, with little Hoilday decorating this year it did get my thinking about how we would one day host a Christmas party for all our friends and family and how over the top I will decorate for Christmas. I cannot wait to pull out all the stops and spend all Thanksgiving weekend decorating and shopping for Christmas.

Thanks to the perfect Southern Living magazine I have TONS of ideas for Christmas next year.

I love this floating candle look. It would be perfect for a entry way table or a coffee table or a cute dinner time center piece.



And when I host a dinner party I want to cover the chair backs. This helps to bring in a simple but elegant pop of Christmas color.



And I already use matching wrapping paper but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this neutral kraft paper look. It is a MUST do next year.



Who would have thought to actually use the lanterns outside? How cute would this be out on the front porch to great your Christmas guests? I am SO in love.



Lastly, so your guest knows which house is ours I want to decorate our mailbox. This is just the perfect way to begin your Christmas party.



Oh Christmas!! How I love you and cannot wait to decorate for your EVERY year from here on out.

XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment