Yesterday, the 22nd of January, I turned 25. Most people I have talked with are nervous, scared, and dreading growing up but I am loving it and can't wait to continue to get older. It just seems like such an awesome part of life.
Either way, I have decided to write I post of 25 Things this sweet Southern Belle has learned over the last 25 years.
1. Friends come and go and it's ok to grow out of friends just like you grow out of clothing and toys.
2. Class not trash is the Southern Belle way. And that goes for clothing, friends, boys, actions, etc and is only somewhat excusable after a heavy night of drinks
3. It's ok to judge people. It helps you to know who you want to become.
4. Pick and choose your battles. The ones worth fighting will help mold your life.
5. No matter how much you hate your job somedays, the perks always outweigh the bad.
6. Having a baby and getting married does not make you an adult.
7. No matter how much you try sometimes the weight just won't come off. Learn to love yourself for who you are.
8. It's ok to be the "Rich Bitch"
9. Don't even try to be friends with everyone because you'll only end up hanging out with a whole bunch of people you don't like.
10. The mean girls at 14 are the mean girls at 24 and the mean girls at 54. They never change.
11. Never settle for the first guy that you crawl in the back of a truck with. Weigh all your options and choose your prince carefully.
12. Fall in and out of love multiple times before falling in love and staying in love. And remember it's ok to break hearts, as long as yours is broken atleast once.
13. You can't be in a serious relationship and also have a BFF of the opposit sex. It's not healthy for your relationship and only ends in heartbreak.
14. It's ok for your Mommy to be your BFF.
15. Your parents only want what is best for you but they also want you to be happy.
16. College Preofessors are not always right
17. Compromise and talking things out are the best ways to disolve arguments.
18. There is a difference between being a "Southern Belle" and a "Country Gal" and mst of the time people confuse the two.
19. Know what you want and follow through. If you don't have a plan you are going to become lost and it's going to take you twice as long to accomplish your goals.
20. Just because you're older doesn't mean you're wiser.
21. Facebook is not the place to air your dirty laundry and to be honest most people don't want to hear it.
22. It's ok to hate your hometown
23. Enjoy the time that you have in college and cherish those moments with those friends because a time will come where everyone grows-up, goes their seperate ways, and begins life. The times you have in college with those people you met in college are moments you will never forget.
24. There are alot of nights in college I wish I would forget but have no regrets because those nights I want to forget are the nights that got me to where I am today.
25. Marry your bestfriend. Because this is the person you will make all your life decisions with and I'd rather make my life decisions with my bestfriend than with my fuck buddy. Just sayin'