Friday, May 27, 2011

Channel Your Sadness

"The idea here is not to divert the sadness, but to give it a context from life other than what is making you sad. Just as a ginger can lose its bitterness when baked in bread, sadness can be leavened by other life. When feeling the sharpness of being sad or hurt, it helps to take new things in. This pours the water of life on the fire of the heart. So when exhausted from expressing all that hurt, listen to music you’ve never heard of, or ask someone to tell you an old story from before your birth, or take a drive down a road near a ridge you’ve always meant to look out from. Look with your sad eyes on things new to you that will give you something to do with your sadness. Your sadness is the paint. You must find a canvas." - T.H. White

I've been a little down with everything going on. I've been doing a whole lot of praying, some soul searching, and running hard to find something to keep my idle hands busy.

I've got a lot of hurt in my heart right now. And I am trying to stay positive, uplifted, and strong but it gets hard. I have been working on waiting and praying, both are things I struggle with at times.

White's above statement is correct. With my sadness I need to paint. I need to create something so epic and magical that touches the world. I already have my canvas, I just need to channel this sadness into something great.

XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment