Friday, May 13, 2011

The Cougar Club and Random Roadtrips

So this past weekend I went on a mini-beach vaca with Bestie, 4 cougars, and 4 14-year-old girls, and one 16-year-old boy.

Needless to it was the most interesting beach weekend I've ever been apart of.

Bestie and I were the only 2 ladies who were not flaunting our knockers around, making ducklip looks, or gawking at every pecker that came by. And the best part is all of the ladies on the trip were MARRIED! Oh I can only begin to explain to you how angry Hubs would have been if I had been flaunting my kitty cat around the way these women were.

I also have never been around a more disrespectful group of 14-year-olds and a loose moral parent in my entire life. I won't go into details but let's just say it involved Four Lokos, riding in trucks with boys, and Malibu rum. Yes, I dumped out some child's Four Loko if that tells you just how the weekend went.

I was reminded of my family, our family vaca's, and the rules my parents put in place for me. Family vaca's were just that, family. I was not allowed to take friends along, we always traveled in our family pack, and I was not allowed to stray far from my mom's side. Even at 14, 18, and 21 we still had the same family vaca rules. It mainly boiled down to we come as a family, we stay as a family. Granted, our family vaca's always consisted of a group of 4 families with kids ranging in age from 6 to 18. There was always someone to hangout with and plenty to keep you entertained. We also vaca'd at a little hole in the wall beach on the gulf of Mexico in Florida. And alcohol was never taken to the beach and the adults wanted a beverage of their choice they went to the pool bar and made it a discreet matter.

Needless to say on Mother's Day I wrote my mommy a card thanking her for all the things I wasn't allowed to do when I was 14, heck things I wasn't allowed to do at 18.

Lesson learned, I will never roadtrip again with any Bestie, and ladies I do not know, ever again. However, it was a life lesson learned.

And yes, my beach time was intrupted. As you can tell...



XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment