Monday, May 2, 2011

Never forget

On September 11, 2001 I was a sophomore in high school sitting in a second period agriculture class when I found that there had been an attack on the United States. At 15, I had no clue how this affected me, my country, or my life but I did know that someone or some group had thought so poorly of the United States that they wanted to hurt our nation. Over the years, I have learned what the 9/11 attack meant and how it affected me. And I will never forget 9/11, the people who lost their lives, the people who gave their lives and the people who fought for my life.



Now on May 1, 2011 I will never forget the time where at 10:30 PM I found out via Twitter that Osama Bin Laden was dead. And not just did, killed and taken by the United States military. The person who had caused so much harm on my country was finally brought down by the country that he harmed.

There was such a pride last night. A pride for my country, a pride for our military personal, and a pride that my country never stopped fighting. We are strong. We are proud. We are American.



XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment