Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My new Venture

I apologize for my lack of blogging, with my life so everywhere right now I have had lots of time to be all over the place.

But the good thing about being all over the place is that I have had lots of time to think about who I want to be in life and where I want to go.

I have decided that I want to be something and someone bigger than myself.

With that being said I have decided to research and persue a new business venture.

With my mommy by my side, I am taking on opening and owning my own bridal salon. I am in the very beginning stages of research and cost analysis but I have always said I was going to own my own bridal salon one day. The original bridal salon in my hometown went out of business due to poor managment leaving a world of opportunity for me to move in.

On May 9th, I am going to look at retail property and to find a location for my future salon and to go over rental cost and lease agreements. From there on June 17 and 18 my mommy and I are traveling to Atlanta to meet with vendors, gather pricing, look at quality, and make sure that each dress designer I pick can work together.

Once I know more about start-up cost I am going to start writing and applying for small business loans for women.

I'm planning on having everything in place to launch my business on Friday, January 20 or Saturday, January 21. This is just a few days short of my 26th birthday.

I have already chosen a business name, which I will choose to keep a secret until my grand opening, and have bought a website domaine. I am starting to write my business plan so that I can begin to apply for business licenses and other licenses that will be needed. In addition to bridal, I am also planning on pushing prom, cocktail/party dresses, and mens ties.

This entire vision came after shooting prom a few weeks ago in my hometown and I learned that the 300 plus girls who attended prom all had to go shop outside of the county to buy for prom. The light bulb went off and my dream became a reality.

I already have a design for my salon and ideas of how I want things to look and feel. This is the vision I have for my salon.











XOXO

Sarah

1 comment: