Friday, June 10, 2011

Do what you love

I'm going to the apparel mart this weekend. I have NO clue what I'm supposed to be looking for or what I even want to come home with. My goal for the mart is to come back with complete vision of where I want to go in life. But I think I already know where I want to go but I've been trying to change it.

I attempted to start writing a new business plan for just a clothing boutique but I couldn't get into it like I did for the bridal boutique. It just didn't feel the same. I have a very clear vision of what I want my bridal boutique to look like and the experience I want bride's to have while they are working with my boutique. And I just don't see any of that when I start talking about a clothing boutique.

I have no desire to sell clothing to high schoolers and middle-aged women trying to look like high schoolers. I'd also be competing with a mall and an outlet. And there really isn't, yet, a market for young adult (25-35 age group) who can afford boutique clothing on the regular. In 5 to 10 years there should be a large market for the age group I want to target since College of Coastal Georgia is now a 4 year university but like everything else it is going to take time to grow.

I also really thought about it and I want to have that experience as a bridal boutique owner to connect with each bride and to see her reaction when she finds "the dress". I want to have a part in making her dream day special. I want to see prom girls come in giggling and gooing over their date, flowers, hair, and makeup. I want to be a part of those special moments and I won't get to do that with a clothing boutique.

And maybe I just love the wedding industry too much and want to be a part of it. But is there such a thing of loving the wedding industry too much?

XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment