Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clear Mind - Open Heart

Today was one of the absolute frustrating days I have had in a while. And I firmly believe that today was God's way of kicking me in the butt to do what I was meant to do.

Philippians 4:6-7 really helped me get through the day today.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

One of my favorite prayers is "Please give me a clear mind and an open heart". I tend to find myself praying this prayer the most when I want to be still and take a moment to open myself up to God - to hear his words and to feel his peace. Mostly when I need guidance, insight, or comfort.

I feel like right now God is telling me to be patient with my wants. And I know he is totally right but I just want to bad to stop what I'm doing and rush into what I want to be doing. But all good (ok, GREAT) things come with patience. And I clearly know that I am in NO position to do what I want to do. Last night I told Hubs that I wanted to do what I wanted to do within the next 2 years - well, I've changed my mind. Within the next year I want to be moving forward to doing what Sarah wants to do. I'm praying that God and I are on the same page and that when the time comes He will continue to bless myself and my family.

I've got big plans for the next year and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything unfolds.

XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment