Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hindsight 20/20

While going through Twitter today stalking ladies I graduated college with I became a little disappointed. I was one of the first in my graduating class to have a full-time Big Girl job. Yay Me! But a year later I didn't feel so lucky. Now all the other girls are working for places like the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Aquarium, Golf Partners, etc., etc. And here I am working in an office selling hookahs.

It wasn't until later in the day that I realized that I don't just work in an office selling a product I feel like I know little about but that I actually indeed work for a multi-million dollar company who specializes in wholesale, retail, dropshipping, and production as an Account Manager and Assistant Manager of Sales. I work to gain new clients, keep existing clients, and to make sure both are happy and satisfied. I also work to create and execute marketing campaigns, and was even given the opportunity to have my own photography work published. Just because I don't work in some big office building in Atlanta, have a 2 hour commute, and give a title like "Director of Marketing for the Atlanta Braves" doesn't mean that I am not living up to my peers.

I actually find myself quite lucky. I get to live 10 minuets from my work, wear business casual attire, and hangout with 3 pretty awesome ladies who are all around my age. We have hookah Friday and our company parties consists of a few kegs. Needless to say I have a pretty awesome job. Sure this year has been a little rocky but in hindsight 20/20 my first big girl job is pretty nice.

XOXO

Sarah

1 comment: