Sunday, February 20, 2011

Seaside Ceremony

I'm so stinking excited that I just can't keep it in. My Bestie (who I won't name to keep her business, well her business) is planning a seaside vow renewal. And I'm so stinking excited, but I think I already said that.

I can only envision what her beautiful day would look like so I created a few inspiration boards to help picture her perfect day.

I'll start with Groom because I want to save the best for last, AKA the Bride.

Of course nothing says Seaside better than Vineyard Vine so I donned the groom from head to toe in this perfect seaside ensemble.



The shirt is the Sundeck Stripe Linen in white while the pants are the Twill Island Pant in Khaki. And of course you can't leave out the Madas Patchwork flip flop which can either be an option for the sand in your toes ceremony, but is a must for the reception.

I felt like the groomsmen (or man) depending on their choice of attendants could follow in suit of Groom for a casual but well-dressed look.

Next would come the bridesmaids (of again, maid) dressed from head to toe in my beloved J.Crew who knows how to do the perfect wedding attire.



For the dress I choose the Silk chiffon Taryn dress in a beautiful Bright Coral. Too often you see seaside weddings with Blues but why blend in with the waves when you can make a statement with them. The shoes, which again can be ceremony optional) are a beaded Cavo capri sandals in Neon Rose which to me is another name for Bright Coral. I choose a low bun and headband for the Maid(s) because with the wind from the ocean no one wants pictures with hair all in their face. And of course, I used a bouquet of mixed oranges, pinks, yellows, and greens.

And for the lady everyone has been waiting to see, I present you the Bride.



Bride is also dressed in J.Crew head to toe, do you see a pattern here?

I choose the Silk chiffon Arabelle gown. Chiffon is just such a flattering fabric. It flows, moves, and just sits. I feel like you can have a casual seaside ceremony but not look causal. Her shoes are the Fleur du jour capri sandals in sanddune and of course can be ceremony optional. With the help of this Rhinestone-encrusted sash in beechwood it helps to glam up the dress a little and to set her apart as Bride. And even seaside, no Southern Belle should be without her pearls and here Bride is wearing a multi-strand set. I choose a low, messy bun for Bride and here she can have the option to allow a few bang pieces to hang or to pin them back. And the flowers are a great mix of oranges, yellows, greens, pinks, and white. Such a perfect light and airy combination without all the traditional beach flowers.

This would be such a perfect way for Bestie to renew her vows seaside.

XOXO

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOODNESS!!!!! I freakin LOVE IT!!!! It amazes me how much you and i think alike!!!! You of course perfect it to a tee, thanks bestie!! I can't wait! wanna know a secret?...IM SO STINKIN EXCITED TOO!:)
    LOVE:)em

    ReplyDelete