Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome, 2012

Hello 2012! I know I'm only a few days late but better now than never, huh?

I didn't make any resolutions this year. I always make resolutions and never stick with 'em so really, why make 'em?

With that being said, there are a few things I want to work on this year.

I want to work on being less wasteful. Hubs and I are very wasteful people. We throw more food and money away than anyone else I know. Didn't eat it, oh well. Didn't need it, oh well. We both still have clothes in our closests with tags and even more items that we have only worn once. Hubs and I live in a 2,200 sq. foot house that we are packing to the brim with stuff. There are people out there in the US who live with nothing except for the clothing they have on their back and the stuff they push around in their shopping cart. Hubs and I could use a little scaling back and I promise if we did we wouldn't miss it or in a year remember we wanted it. Our home is filled with the latest gaming console, the newest tv, and the nicest stuff. Scaling back and being less wasteful isn't going to kill us.

For my photography, I want to focus on creating portraits and art that I like. I want to worry less about what others are going and more about what I want. When I start creating art for me, the rest of my work will flow. I want to learn more and take time for myself. This is the year I want to focus on my art.

In my little family, I want to work on begin a better wife. I tend to forget about Hubs somedays. I want to work on my family and showing Hubs how much I love him daily.

I'm looking forward to 2012 and all of the awesome things this year has in store. Welcome 2012! It's good to see you.

XOXO

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment